RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
... Apple stock ...

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Hustle View previous topic
View next topic
... Apple stock ...
CAliMichinsaram
Super Moderator

Post ... Apple stock ... Reply with quote
... i've had Apple stock for some time now sitting in my IRA Etrade account ... it's shot up like crazy ...

... would you sell? ... the way it's been shooting up higher and higher is exciting, yet the thought of it all coming crashing down due to some unforeseen event or people getting over the the whole ipad buzz makes me nervous ... part of me thinks i should sell while the going's still good ...
Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 am View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
can't you set up a stop sell for it?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message
CAliMichinsaram
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
... i'm not sure what that means ... i just happened to throw money into an IRA acct on ETRADE a long time ago ... put it all into Apple stock and just ignored it for years ... didn't open my Etrade statements ... until all this stock news caught my attention ... and when i checked how much i had, i was surprised at how much it had grown ...

quit flapping your lips and bumping your gums! your just a fat piece of donkey poo that sits at his computer and posts under 20 id's on dubu, lame!
Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
Sell Stop Order A sell stop order helps investors to avoid further losses or to protect a profit that exists if a stock price continues to drop. A stop order to sell is always placed below the current market price.

The advantage of a stop order is you don't have to monitor how a stock is performing on a daily basis. The disadvantage is that the stop price could be activated by a short-term fluctuation in a stock's price. Also, once your stop price is reached, your stop order becomes a market order and the price you receive may be much different from the stop price, especially in a fast-moving market where stock prices can change rapidly. An investor can avoid the risk of a stop order not guaranteeing a specific price by placing a stop-limit order.
Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Hustle All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: