DBKC.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
what brand of birth control pills do u use?

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Girl Talk View previous topic
View next topic
what brand of birth control pills do u use?
Bacchanalian

Post what brand of birth control pills do u use? Reply with quote
Which brand is the best and why?
Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
uh... sorry, thats a horrible question.

there is no "best" type of BC, rather, there is a type of contraceptive that is best for each individual female.

typically most women are put on some type of oral contraceptive, which is usually some combo of estrogen/progestin, but again, which brand/type the woman is put on really depends on the dr/facility she goes to. some drs/NPs have a preference and will most typically prescribe what they know, or the facility (ex: planned parenthood) may merely prescribe what they have on hand - whatever is cheap to them

there are a variety of oral contraceptives out on the market, each with its own ratio of estrogen/progestin, or some which are just one or the other.

the deciding factor is whether the woman experiences any adverse effects to the drug - common factors include emotional lability, N/V, cramps, blah blah blah.

another thing to look at is if the patient will be compliant with the pill - most of the older/generic/cheap brands are time sensitive (meaning it should be taken same time daily) and must be taken daily, while the newer more expensive oral contraceptives are not as time sensitive, or do not need to be taken daily.

if the pt. will not be compliant there are other options - the patch which should be changed weekly, depo shot which is taken every 3 months, or nuva ring which is changed monthly and contains the least amount of hormones.

okay... im going to stop here, cause im writing too much

suffice to say, if your gf (i am assuming youre asking on behalf of her) is experiencing any changes or adverse effects and they continue for more than 3 months, she should go back to her dr/NP to ask for another type of drug, perhaps something that is more low dose, OR i would suggest the nuvaring to her as it contains the least amount of hormones compared to other types of contraceptives.

the one thing of caution i can say is if your gf smokes, i would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest she stop as there is a greater instance of clots (which can be fatal depending on where the clot occurs) with smokers.
Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
great info isis. sounds like you really know your stuff

hmmm if there is no consensus on the best brand... then what can you tell me from personal experience and/or from what your friends have told you, of the ones they have tried? Which ones have you and your friends like the most? Which ones do you like the least?
Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
if pt. is in a stable relationship with one partner, i would suggest nuvaring - least amount of hormones - less likely for pt to experience any of the adverse effects, easiest to place and keep track of (only needs to be changed once a month)

or, if she would prefer an oral contraceptive, orthotricyclin low to start off with, or any other low dose oral contraceptive. (i prefer the tricyclic contraceptives because it most closely follows a woman's naturally flux of hormones, which i think will help decrease any possible adverse effects that may occur)

personally my body did just fine on ortho tricyclin and i never experienced any adverse effects like the mood swings, cramps, etc. but after about 2 years i started to develop hypertension so i discontinued it.

ive had friends on ortho tricyclin, ortho tricyclin low, jasmine (sp?), etc.

again, i cant say which is best because its so subjective to each woman. but, just be aware of any adverse effects and if they dont lessen by the 3rd cycle, id highly suggest finding another oral contraceptive. that being said, finding an oral contraceptive that works best for each individual woman can be a pain in the ass cause it will always take about 3 months to really see if its a good match for the pt. its takes about 3 months to really let the body get used to the extra dose of hormones and compensate appropriately.
Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
i'm on alesse. Been on it for 4 years now, and it's been great.
Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Original.
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
theres a reason why i call it crazy pills.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
am1989
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
....... totally thought u were a dude this whole time
aigooo
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
am1989 wrote:
....... totally thought u were a dude this whole time
aigooo

i am a dude, was asking this cuz i don't want my gf to get all psycho on me
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
blah
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
just use the pullout or the punch her in the gut type of birth control

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
CAliMichinsaram
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
... girls in brazil prevent pregnancy and keep their virginity until marriage by only doing anal ... truth ...

quit flapping your lips and bumping your gums! your just a fat piece of donkey poo that sits at his computer and posts under 20 id's on dubu, lame!
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
and thats how 14 year olds end up with HIV/AIDS while still virgins because whats the point of a condom if its just going in the butt right? ... =/
Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 am View user's profile Send private message
blah
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
reminds of that one episode of blue mountain state episode where that milf got pregnant

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:32 am View user's profile Send private message
ace
Goodfella

Post Re: what brand of birth control pills do u use? Reply with quote
Bacchanalian wrote:
Which brand is the best and why?

durex
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Girl Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: