RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Most useful classes

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » College Life View previous topic
View next topic
Most useful classes
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Most useful classes Reply with quote
What are some of the most useful classes you've taken? In general, in your specific field, etc... interpret it however you want.
Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
macro-econ
micro-econ
financial accounting
managerial accounting
principles of finance
every math class i've ever taken

these classes build the foundation of knowledge for all business majors... except marketing. of course, majoring in marketing is a joke.

if finance is ryu and accounting is guile, then marketing is dan.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
CAliMichinsaram
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
... morphy ... were you able to retain most of the information in those classes? ... or would you say that you are good at what you do more from job experience rather than what you learned in college ...

quit flapping your lips and bumping your gums! your just a fat piece of donkey poo that sits at his computer and posts under 20 id's on dubu, lame!
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
morpheus wrote:

financial accounting
managerial accounting

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
microbiology
physiology
health assessment
med surg II
world history
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
CAliMichinsaram wrote:
... morphy ... were you able to retain most of the information in those classes? ... or would you say that you are good at what you do more from job experience rather than what you learned in college ...

it's a tough call... without the rudimentary business classes i wouldn't have been able to function as a tax accountant.

i learned more in 3 months of tax season than in 2 years of classes. however i wouldn't have been able to understand or pick up anything on the job if i hadn't had that basic background first.

gracee's attitude is totally understandable. accounting is boring and most people hate to deal with it. as a result, a lot of stuff makes it onto my desk that the client could have easily done themselves. so i get to charge tons of billable hours for what amounts to a few minutes of actual work.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
yup! i couldn't stand the 4 accounting courses i took. i did well...but i wanted to stab myself in the face every moment of it
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:27 am View user's profile Send private message
enduko
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
morpheus wrote:
macro-econ
micro-econ
financial accounting
managerial accounting
principles of finance

these classes build the foundation of knowledge for all business majors... except marketing. of course, majoring in marketing is a joke.

Depends on the business model.

From an academic standpoint, I agree about a marketing degree, but in the real world, marketing is the Queen of the Battlefield, and sales the King, while finance, logistics, hr, and the like are support staff.

Honestly my literature courses were the most important classes I took, having a direct impact on my career. My primary function as a professional is to communicate. I write several hundred emails a week, many of them introductory letters to prospective clients.
Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eddie
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
macroecon
biology
psychology
early modern philosophy

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
oh wait yea, all those psych/social sciences classes also help me out so much on the hospital floor. helps me be way more forgiving of bitchy ass grumpity grump pts. Smile
Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
enduko wrote:
morpheus wrote:
macro-econ
micro-econ
financial accounting
managerial accounting
principles of finance

From an academic standpoint, I agree about a marketing degree, but in the real world, marketing is the Queen of the Battlefield, and sales the King, while finance, logistics, hr, and the like are support staff.

Honestly my literature courses were the most important classes I took, having a direct impact on my career. My primary function as a professional is to communicate. I write several hundred emails a week, many of them introductory letters to prospective clients.

i totally agree with you. in a marketing career, literature and writing courses would serve you far better than any marketing 101 class.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
Gynecology 101

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
morpheus wrote:
enduko wrote:
morpheus wrote:
macro-econ
micro-econ
financial accounting
managerial accounting
principles of finance

i totally agree with you. in a marketing career, literature and writing courses would serve you far better than any marketing 101 class.

agreed. maybe its because i'm at UCSD which isn't a strong marketing/business school, but all the marketing classes I've taken are pure BS.
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
kiss_jin

Post Reply with quote
with my major, i'd say my most useful class was research methods. there, i learned how to conduct research, different testing methods, etc.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » College Life All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: