Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Relationships View previous topic
View next topic
dating your best friend..
Sassy
i got dubukimchi!

Post dating your best friend.. Reply with quote
have you done it? how'd it work out?
have you had friends who have? how'd they work out?
my sisters actually dating her best friend of 7+ yrs now..
i'd think it would be so weird..
i actually asked one of my best friends if he'd be my "backup" and he told me "HELL NO" lol.
all my bffs are guys and i can't see any of them as men.. its just.. gross and awkward..
but i see a lot of ppl doing it.. so weird..
and what if it doesnt work out? do you lose your best friend? just asking... =P
Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Snuffleupagus
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
We hate each other now. Haven't spoke to her in about 2 years or so...
Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sassy
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
how long did you date her for? wow.. that sucks.. what made you guys break up?
Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
dope
Banned

Post Reply with quote
well, if she's my best friend then i wouldn't do it. simply because i would value her friendship more so than to get with her. that and i dont fall for friends. theyre friends for a reason. got different categories for people that come and go in my life.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
sementherapy
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
your best friend shouldn't be somebody of the opposite sex in the first place.

i've never understood how this works out? somebody ALWAYS has feelings for the other...

girls pretend to be oblivious that their "best friend" hella trys to take them on dates that are disguised as hanging out...

and dudes only keep that "best friend" around bc they like the attention she gives him. usually bitch ass niggas who claim their best friend is a girl...

*DISCLAIMER* i'm sure i'm gonna get a bunch of but MY BBF is a girl bullshit, don't get all butthurt, i'm talking generally not about your ass...

and one more thing while i'm ranting...

what qualifies somebody as your best friend? i feel like people give out that title so fucking easily...

motherfucker's gotta earn that designation yo...

my best friends have ran with me for almost 2 decades... some real loyal ass niggas who have bailed me out of jail with their last line of credit, drove down to mexico to pay off the federales when i got hemmed up, knocked niggas out for looking at me wrong, been there when my dad was sick, are at my nieces birthday party...

my best friends are people i consider my brothers, i don't even have to feel awkward when i ask them for a favor, and it's mutual... i'm sure you all know how selfish i am, but if one of my best friends ask me for a favor, i do it without batting an eye...

so how the hell are you supposed to do that shit with some chick? she gonna hella be counting to see who's turn it is to pay for dinner or some other bullshit like that... and always want to fucking talk about gay ass shit like relationships or feelings and shit. that's what your gf is for you feeling emoting faggot...

and girls, honestly-- you're not that interesting for a dude to hang out with... the only reason a nigga would do the things that i described as what my best friends do is if he hella wanted to stick you, but was too pussy to do it when you guys met, so he just weirdly hangs around...

end rant for now...

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
Rofl

best friends of the opposite sex will strike when you're at your most vulnerable. they're more like scavengers than hunters.

the shoulder to cry on is attached to a groping hand.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 am View user's profile Send private message
ace
Goodfella

Post Reply with quote
sementherapy wrote:
your best friend shouldn't be somebody of the opposite sex in the first place.

i've never understood how this works out? somebody ALWAYS has feelings for the other...

girls pretend to be oblivious that their "best friend" hella trys to take them on dates that are disguised as hanging out...

and dudes only keep that "best friend" around bc they like the attention she gives him. usually bitch ass niggas who claim their best friend is a girl...

*DISCLAIMER* i'm sure i'm gonna get a bunch of but MY BBF is a girl bullshit, don't get all butthurt, i'm talking generally not about your ass...

and one more thing while i'm ranting...

what qualifies somebody as your best friend? i feel like people give out that title so fucking easily...

motherfucker's gotta earn that designation yo...

my best friends have ran with me for almost 2 decades... some real loyal ass niggas who have bailed me out of jail with their last line of credit, drove down to mexico to pay off the federales when i got hemmed up, knocked niggas out for looking at me wrong, been there when my dad was sick, are at my nieces birthday party...

my best friends are people i consider my brothers, i don't even have to feel awkward when i ask them for a favor, and it's mutual... i'm sure you all know how selfish i am, but if one of my best friends ask me for a favor, i do it without batting an eye...

so how the hell are you supposed to do that shit with some chick? she gonna hella be counting to see who's turn it is to pay for dinner or some other bullshit like that... and always want to fucking talk about gay ass shit like relationships or feelings and shit. that's what your gf is for you feeling emoting faggot...

and girls, honestly-- you're not that interesting for a dude to hang out with... the only reason a nigga would do the things that i described as what my best friends do is if he hella wanted to stick you, but was too pussy to do it when you guys met, so he just weirdly hangs around...

end rant for now...

hahahhaa Laughing
Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ace
Goodfella

Post Reply with quote
Sassy, in regards to your questions. I wouldnt say best friend, but if I was to relate your questions to really close female friends. I never have, and I doubt I ever will. I considered it once, but decided against it. You just dont get that excitement since you already know everything about that other person. Also, you jeopardize your friendship. Lets be real... youre never going bring things back to how it was before. On a side note: I think the whole im still best friends with my ex... is pretty bs, but thats another topic.

Btw... I think a lot of what semen said is true, but it is possible to have a best friend of the opposite sex. As long as you're true to yourself about there being zero attraction for the other person. I have 1 best female friend, that I go way back with. We've been through a lot of shit, and we always had each others back. Im really close with her family, husband, and Im the godfather of her firstborn.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
1mysteriousgirl
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
i haven't but i've had friends who have. after 7+ years of friendship, they started dating and after a couple of months, they break up and never speak to each other again. :/
Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
sementherapy
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
it's only for lonely people who think that they have no other options...

you didn't date them off the bat bc there was something about them you didn't want...

usually cause you're not attracted to them...

it'd be the same as fucking your sister bc you guys were on a deserted island...

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
I agree with troy. Boy and girl friendships aren't really friendships, they are romantic relationships that never took off and remain grounded due to any number of "technical difficulties"(problems with attraction, personality, finances/status, etc). Sometimes the person with the problem gets his/her shit together and the relationship takes off, but usually the problem(s) one person has with the other remains unfixed, one or both parties are unwilling to settle for less, and the relationship fizzles.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
kyuhyun
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
have you done it?
yes

how'd it work out?
still together.

met freshman year of hs.. became really good friends throughout hs.
got together at the beginning of our senior year. it's been almost seven years
and i probably do know everything about him,
but the "excitement" has never gone away.
he still gives me butterflies and makes me giddy~~
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
^ that's probably because you guys haven't slept together yet
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
kyuhyun
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
yer probs right~
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
your bf must buy a lot of lotion haha jk

on the reals though... that's pretty tough to do. well you've already gone 7 years, might as well wait til marriage since you've come so far

btw, what's the farthest you guys have gone?
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
FIFTHORIZOR
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
Wait your bf has been with you for 7 years since high school, and you guys never had sex?

He must be getting some on the side.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
morpheus
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
^ not necessarily. a man can get by for a long time on a diet of blowies and jaji massajis.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
i've never had a male best friend, but i dated a super close guy friend. we don't speak much anymore. kind of awkward.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
FIFTHORIZOR
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
morpheus wrote:
^ not necessarily. a man can get by for a long time on a diet of blowies and jaji massajis.

I guess if it's from other girls.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
awdspoolin
byuntae

Post Reply with quote
The only acceptable male BFF of a girl I'm dating must be related to her by blood or openly gay.

The only way I'll entertain the though of a girl being my BFF is if she is mai waifu.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Relationships All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: