DBKC.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
GRAD~~~~~~*~*~*~*

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » College Life View previous topic
View next topic
GRAD~~~~~~*~*~*~*

Is Graduation worth going to?
Yes! / The family would love to see you walk./ It's a joyous occasion and u deserve a congratulatory event for all that hard work!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No ! Uve already been done with school for a while &moved on with ur life! Celebrations ended a long time ago....pointless!
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

theclassics
i got kimchi.

Post GRAD~~~~~~*~*~*~* Reply with quote
Hello!

Pls particpate in the poll ^_^

finished last yr, but graduation is in June. I now live on opposite coasts of my university and have a demanding schedule here.....it would be hard to get out there for the event

howEVER !

when I entertained the thought of skipping it, some ppl chided me saying it's a once in a life time event, special occasion... etc

Do u think graduation is worth going to? Would u go?
Wed May 19, 2010 2:21 am View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
honestly, for me i felt like the graduation was more for my parents. they worked so hard for so long to send me to school, i felt that they needed some public display showing that i graduated. i know it was important to my parents cause it was the first time my dad actually closed his store early (this is a man who works holidays if he has nothing better to do) to come see me graduate. also, it was nice just having that final act with my friends.

but, if you feel like your parents wont care either way, and you feel like you wont really regret spending a weekend back at school and seeing your friends graduate with you, then... whatevs. if anything just take your parents out for dinner to thank them for sending you to college.
Wed May 19, 2010 2:51 am View user's profile Send private message
theclassics
i got kimchi.

Post Reply with quote
^Thanx for ur input = )

well.... i think they care heapz cause they have been hinting at it but feel bad to flat out say so bc they know of my crazy work schedule..... but I know they would like to go....

but even so, I cannot seem to justify it..... I took 2 yrs off during college so Im not even graduating w my friends.....I think thats the main reason it makes me feel bad or lonely. and there is just so much to do here.... OH..... I feel so conflicted.

I will continue to think about it. THanx

I am thinking..should I just buy plane tix now even if I may not use them? then they will be cheaper than buying it when I do ultimately decide to go later. BUT if i dont go im left with tickets that are useless.

SO I think i will just buy them now. Ah yes jolly good
Wed May 19, 2010 3:05 am View user's profile Send private message
isis
Dubulicious

Post Reply with quote
cant you get a refund? you have to pay some penalty, but thats a lot cheaper than $400 tix you wont use...
Wed May 19, 2010 3:09 am View user's profile Send private message
UB6L25
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
I would get the tickets and start planning for it. If you decide not to go it will be better than deciding to go later and trying to plan for it last minute.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Eddie
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
I didn't go to mine, but I knew I was going to grad school so it didn't really feel like a graduation anyways.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
theclassics
i got kimchi.

Post Reply with quote
Update: I will be participating in the grad ceremony
Wed May 26, 2010 11:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
LennonMcCartney
got dubu?

Post Reply with quote
congrats, i bet your family will be thrilled at it; it's been a long and windy road~
Wed May 26, 2010 11:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » College Life All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: