Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » 21+ View previous topic
View next topic
Anyone else feel stuck?
Mae
i got kimchi.

Post Reply with quote
sementherapy wrote:
dope wrote:
i need to do something quiiiiick. life is way too fucking mundane right now... i need the thrill of adventure. drop everything and go overseas? maybe go to some place i've never been and see what i can do by myself. but alas, no monies.

i highly suggest this to anybody under 25...

do it while you're young, i guarantee you will not regret the experience... you WILL REGRET IT if you don't do it though...

LIVE overseas, not visit... just pick a spot, save enough for a 1 way to get there, and you'll figure it out... you find odd jobs, american/english speaking tour guide, whatevers...

i highly recommend this to you joey... it's not all fun and games, but the experience you gain from it will help you throughout whatever career you choose when you come back...

I totally agree. You will find out actually what you really want when every dust in you gets blown around and finally settles down. Living in a different place on your own will make you look at yourself and face yourself in all your confusion and realizations, strengths and weaknesses, all that you hate and love. This time without distractions, without pressures.

Then when you get blown away, you will know what to do. That part of the journey ends, and a new one begins. Smile

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:09 am View user's profile Send private message
hazel
i got dubu.

Post Reply with quote
welcome to pre-mid-life crisis.
Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:28 am View user's profile Send private message
aliceinponderland
got dubu?

Post agreed Reply with quote
sementherapy wrote:
dope wrote:
i need to do something quiiiiick. life is way too fucking mundane right now... i need the thrill of adventure. drop everything and go overseas? maybe go to some place i've never been and see what i can do by myself. but alas, no monies.

i highly suggest this to anybody under 25...

do it while you're young, i guarantee you will not regret the experience... you WILL REGRET IT if you don't do it though...

LIVE overseas, not visit... just pick a spot, save enough for a 1 way to get there, and you'll figure it out... you find odd jobs, american/english speaking tour guide, whatevers...

i highly recommend this to you joey... it's not all fun and games, but the experience you gain from it will help you throughout whatever career you choose when you come back...

i whole heartedly agree. in fact, i would suggest it to anyone, 25 and older as well. traveling or living overseas is an eye-opening experience and the knowledge you gain from that will probably be more valuable than working some entry-level job for a few years. even without money, you could totally travel by teaching English, plus many places in the world don't cost as much as the US to live in.
you know, in a way, it might even be smarter to go abroad. the US economy is seriously hurting.
Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » 21+ All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: