DBKC.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
democracy

 
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » News & Current Events View previous topic
View next topic
democracy
Author Message
kebracey
got dubu?


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 2

Post democracy Reply with quote
How does religion and democracy play a role in the United States today? My question as stated above is how does religion and democracy play a role in the United States today. What I mean by this is how do they go "hand in hand" and make an effect on society today? One example I have is by the first ammendent. Freedom of religion, democracy is what gives us the freedom of religion. If you can think of any other topics on this subject that would be great.


Last edited by kebracey on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Gyopo
got dubu?


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 75

Post Reply with quote
A democracy is a form of political system where the majority, or all, members of society can express their opinions equally to make a final decision towards public policy. The debate is if religion should be kept out of public policy because it could offend members of society who are atheists/agnostics or those who have different forms of belief. Now the term majority comes to place; if a majority are Christians than it's likely the nation will lean towards Christian values and principles. Let's say in a true democracy, 52% of members are Christians and want Christianity to be the official religion of the society. Since is it a democracy, that will be the final outcome. Even if the remaining 48% disagrees. You can argue that a democracy is NOT the best system for minorities.

However, the USA is not a true democracy and it is more a republic. A republic is basically a democracy with more rules and laws. Republic and Democracy direct to public policy which the question should be if religion should be kept out of the public arena. Republic enforces individual rights and give more power to minorities than a democracy thus they try not to offend minorities or neglect them with public policy (our representatives).
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
aannajona
got dubu?


Joined: 19 Sep 2012
Posts: 1

Post buy electronic cigarettes Reply with quote
i like to suck a lot of cock
Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » News & Current Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin / Easy Tutorials (Photoshop Tutorials).