Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Ghetto View previous topic
View next topic
I have no friends
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post I have no friends Reply with quote
Like at all. Is anyone like me?

Even in highschool, I had quite a bit of acquaintances but not really friends.

I really have no interest in connecting with people. But sometimes i'm jealous when I see people on my fb going out and having fun.

Am I weird?
Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
sementherapy
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
yes
Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
sementherapy
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
you are weird
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
Damn..
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
sementherapy
Super Moderator

Post Reply with quote
i know people like that. there are a weird bunch
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
Like do you find them the killer-type-weird... or just weird. I don't think i'm socially awkward.

My bf was very popular in highschool, and still is. And I get a long with his friends fine.

But it feels like work to interact with people sometimes.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
ace
Goodfella

Post Reply with quote
youre an introvert.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
am1989
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
oooo .. yea that is really weird…
maybe you are just going thru an antisocial phase in life?
because there is no way that is healthy! people NEED friends!!!!
Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
am1989
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
acually.. its prob bc u have a bf
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
kingchewy
got dubu?

Post Reply with quote
I am like you. I am very outgoing, but I don't want to be around people when I don't have to. During weekdays, I will go out of my way to not make plans after work, because I think it's extremely important that I give time to myself and pursue things that interest me. Going out for happy hour with coworkers I've spent my entire day with is not my idea of fun. It's just the way that I am wired.

There is nothing wrong with this, so as long it's what you choose. but if this kind of behavior is the result of your bf, and only your bf, there may be a problem.

Ask yourself, are you choosing to isolate yourself? Or are you isolated as a result of your boyfriend, family, etc?
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bacchanalian

Post Reply with quote
No offense, but there's probably something wrong with you if you have no friends. No man is an island. I don't know how you are irl, but people i don't like hanging out with usually fall into at least one of these 4 categories:

1. Bad hygiene - Halitosis is a dealbreaker. BO is a dealbreaker. People who don't take at least 1 shower per day. People who wear the same outfit everyday and never wash it.

2. Cheap - People who never offer to pick up the tab even though you have paid for them multiple times in the past. People who never pay you back money you've loaned them.

3. No Manners/Common sense - Zero "noonchi" having mofos. They are consistently rude without even knowing they are being rude. They do a lot of things that make you want to "facepalm." They never know what's going on and always ask dumbass questions.

4. Overly Arrogant - People who are too full of themselves. I have no problem with people who are confident, but these people have crossed the line 10 times over. They think the world owes them something and think they are above you and everyone else. A conversation with them entails them talking incessantly about themselves. These are the people that post 5-20 fb status updates per day about themselves saying/doing stupid shit.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
MikeB
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
I'm kind of the same way.

Moved around a lot as a kid, and even still as an adult. I have never been very dependent on people, change my number often, and I don't have a tendency to keep in touch.

Yes we are weird.

Don't get used to it.

Make friends so you'll at least give people the impression that you're normal.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
peppermints
dubukimchi lord

Post Reply with quote
just bc you're an introvert doesn't mean you can't make friends.

every relationship takes effort. maybe you just haven't met anyone worth the effort. or maybe you're not at the age in which you really value friendships.

i've always had friends growing up, but i don't think i had true friendships/relationships until my early 20s. it was during that time period i really learned to be open and honest with my friends and with myself.

if you're okay not having friends, then so be it. but then why be jealous of FB updates? i think everyone needs at least one healthy platonic relationship to be their supporter, champion, sounding board, etc. not having that can make you crazy and depressed (trust me! don't be an emo kid.)

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Snuffleupagus
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
If I come up to BC soon, would you hang out for a night of debauchery and shenanigans? AKA Binge drinking, laughing at people who can't handle their shit, laughing at couples fighting, laughing at people arguing, laughing at people who fall onto the pavement, laughing at people getting detained by mounties, and eating lots and lots of pizza at that one place I don't know the name of on Granville that was in this one movie I saw a while back but can't remember because I'm pretty trashed right now.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
lilgx1
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
peppermints wrote:
just bc you're an introvert doesn't mean you can't make friends.

every relationship takes effort. maybe you just haven't met anyone worth the effort. or maybe you're not at the age in which you really value friendships.

Mhmm. I have a set amount of energy, and once it's depleted, I need to spend time alone. It's weird because when I was younger, I always felt the need to have constant attention and be around people all the time. I think I became an extrovert halfway through college.

Aside from my fiance, I probably only have 1 friend who I can constantly be with, but only because she's the same way and we don't feel the need to act a certain way when we're together. We can sit and be quiet for awhile and not have that sense of awkward silence.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
peace
i got dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
lol i think me and snuffle would get along well
Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
am1989 wrote:
oooo .. yea that is really weird…
maybe you are just going thru an antisocial phase in life?
because there is no way that is healthy! people NEED friends!!!!

Now i'm starting to think I have something mentally wrong with myself...
Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
kingchewy wrote:
I am like you. I am very outgoing, but I don't want to be around people when I don't have to. During weekdays, I will go out of my way to not make plans after work, because I think it's extremely important that I give time to myself and pursue things that interest me. Going out for happy hour with coworkers I've spent my entire day with is not my idea of fun. It's just the way that I am wired.

There is nothing wrong with this, so as long it's what you choose. but if this kind of behavior is the result of your bf, and only your bf, there may be a problem.

Ask yourself, are you choosing to isolate yourself? Or are you isolated as a result of your boyfriend, family, etc?

I was like this even before my bf. I would much rather sit at home most of the times or go to the gym, hike, etc.
Thu May 01, 2014 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
Bacchanalian wrote:
No offense, but there's probably something wrong with you if you have no friends. No man is an island. I don't know how you are irl, but people i don't like hanging out with usually fall into at least one of these 4 categories:

1. Bad hygiene - Halitosis is a dealbreaker. BO is a dealbreaker. People who don't take at least 1 shower per day. People who wear the same outfit everyday and never wash it.

2. Cheap - People who never offer to pick up the tab even though you have paid for them multiple times in the past. People who never pay you back money you've loaned them.

3. No Manners/Common sense - Zero "noonchi" having mofos. They are consistently rude without even knowing they are being rude. They do a lot of things that make you want to "facepalm." They never know what's going on and always ask dumbass questions.

4. Overly Arrogant - People who are too full of themselves. I have no problem with people who are confident, but these people have crossed the line 10 times over. They think the world owes them something and think they are above you and everyone else. A conversation with them entails them talking incessantly about themselves. These are the people that post 5-20 fb status updates per day about themselves saying/doing stupid shit.

Our of those 4 grand assumptions, definitely not 1 or 2. Regarding 3, I don't think I have bad manners or no common sense, possibly. And for 4, I don't think i'm this because I would rather not talk about myself.
Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 am View user's profile Send private message
gohugatree
i <3 dubukimchi!

Post Reply with quote
MikeB wrote:
I'm kind of the same way.

Moved around a lot as a kid, and even still as an adult. I have never been very dependent on people, change my number often, and I don't have a tendency to keep in touch.

Yes we are weird.

Don't get used to it.

Make friends so you'll at least give people the impression that you're normal.

Yeah. I don't even feel the need to depend on people, or be with people.

I'm nice and polite to strangers, but I just don't have that urge like, omg, be my friend.
Thu May 01, 2014 12:05 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DBKC.org Forum Index » Ghetto All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: